Vietnam has abundant water resources. However, the water sources are unequally distributed over the seasons and regions. Surface water environment is mainly polluted by organic and nutrient substances released from untreated domestic and industrial activities. In addition, coastal and estuarine areas are facing pollution from oil spills and salt water intrusion. Unchecked groundwater extraction has resulted in land subsidence in Ha Noi. Effective management of inland and sea water requires strengthening of associated organizations. For more details...
More like this
- Conservation Status Report on Marine Turtles and their Habitat in Viet Nam
- viet Nam National Performance Assessment and Subregional Strategic Environment Framework in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Valuation of the Mangrove Ecosystems in Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Linking Poverty Reduction with Forest Conservation, Cases Studies from Viet Nam (II)
- State of the Environment, Bangkok