As part of the Male' Declaration implementation, Sri Lanka have completely prepared its baseline study and national action plan. The country's region which is most vulnerable to air pollution is the western province, the Colombo Metropolitan Region (CMR). The urban vehicular emission and power generation activities are the main sources of the problem. Sri Lanka has limited capacity to study air pollution in which a random and unsystematic air monitoring system was being practiced. Nonetheless, a national response to air pollution includes legal, fiscal instruments and other alternatives were sought as indispensable in sorting the issue.
More like this
- Baseline Studies and National Action Plan- Pakistan
- Baseline Studies and National Action Plan- Iran
- Baseline Studies and National Action Plan- Nepal
- Baseline Studies and National Action Plan- Bhutan
- Male' Declaration Implementation for South Asia (Phase I)- Part II: Guidelines for the Preparation of the Male' Declaration Act