The Ministry is foremost grateful for the financial support provided by the International Waters Programme of the Global Environment Facility, the United Nations Development Program and the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme, who has made this and other work possible and acknowledges the staff of the International Waters Program Fiji, in particular the National Coordinator, Ms. Sandeep Kaur Singh and the Program Assistant, Ms. Lusiana Railogaivao for coordinating the formulation of the National Liquid Waste Management Strategy and Action Plan for Fiji. The Ministry is also thankful to the Consultants, Professor Bill Aalbersberg and his team of the Institute of Applied Sciences of the University of the South Pacific. The National Liquid Waste Management Strategy and Action Plan is timely and a requirement under the Environment Management Act of 2005. The Strategy and Action Plan was formulated in close collaboration with line Ministries such as the Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Finance and National Planning; Non-Government Organizations and the private sector which included the resort operators.
More like this
- Fiji: National Solid Waste Management strategy 2011-2014
- National strategy and action plan: Integrated solid waste management
- Strategic Plan on Management of Mercury in Artisanal and Small Scale Gold Mining in Combodia 2012-2016
- National Waste Management Plan for 2003-2008, Hungary
- Romania: National Waste Management Strategy