The Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, has created a statutory innovation in the form of a legal notification for the protection and planned development of coastal areas, including the reservation of areas in coastal zones set aside as No-Development Zones. The notification crystallizes a fairly firm policy to protect coastal areas from unplanned and indiscriminate human activities.
More like this
- Wind power development by private sector (India),A combination of international funding mechanism and public sector financing
- Rainwater Harvesting and Utilization in Urban Areas
- National System Planning for Protected Areas
- Economic Values of Protected Areas: Guidelines for Protected Area Managers
- Guidelines for Marine Protected Areas